Wednesday, January 19, 2011

When I think about the new, I think about a paradigm shift...

1. to move from our human-centered to an earth-centered norm of reality and value. (Thomas Berry)
2. to shift to a new worldview or way of perceiving human existence and consciousness, a perspective that can be described as universal or cosmic. From this new way of being, individuals experience themselves and others as part of ongoing humanity embedded in the creative ground, fulfilling the destiny of evolution. (Judy Cannato)

I realize my response might be a little too "cosmic". In simplistic terms, the new for me in religious life is an invitation to "return" to the Earth as a "participant" in the creative Divine energies of the Cosmos, (not as one exploiting the "land") grounded in contemplation... to be "little humble, and poor." To live in in a field of awe, love, and compassion for all...

No comments:

Post a Comment