Monday, January 17, 2011

This past weekend, I had been doing some reflection on our Simplicity of Life booklet with our Illinois Sisters and Associates. The topic for this month was on Creation. I was taken up by the line, “Be Little, Humble and Poor” in relationship to creation. For the first time, and I don’t know if it is because of where I am personally or if it was because of the actual reflection, I felt a convergence in my heart and understood Marguerite’s words to me in a new way.

As a woman and leader of her time, Marguerite lived simplicity contemplatively with great humility and awe. How profound it is to be a leader and humble at the same time! I wonder what the call is for us and what this invitation looks like in a more concrete way as a congregation. (I realize this is the one that touched me the most in the booklet, though, I really do think my reflections have overlapped, just that this month, I was moved into a new place. I am also aware that my reflection will continue to evolve and so I will be in a different place even tomorrow!!!)

Living in Right Relationship, the greening of our lives and ministries, deepening our consciousness of the planet – all of this has been taking a new energy for me. I’m aware that Sue put out a question to each of us about community living and sharing which I don’t wish to loose as we continue this blog. Maybe in time, it will become clearer as to how our living will support each other’s relationships and community direction and life.

I don’t know if living in one house is the answer, though, I too feel the need to “live” and share life with one or two others. This living may or may not necessarily mean living with other cnds. It may be living and collaborating with others from different walks of life with like minds. For me, having a “direction” and collaborating together makes it all possible to live harmoniously…. Specifically, for me, it would be in support of the healing of creation, which includes the healing of humanity. Somehow, this is where I connect with regards to my living out the simplicity that Marguerite suggests. Being little, humble and poor is making choices daily that are countercultural and green. There is so much more I can share about what these choices look like concretely and I’m aware that I’ve written enough for now. May the conversation (and the blog) evolve….

No comments:

Post a Comment